Delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Brownie Recipe
Some people feel that this is somewhat the same thing as a protein bar, but when I make it I refer to it as a brownie. It isn’t as fluffy as a traditional brownie – but it certainly tastes great. And it’s packed with a massive 100g of protein.
Use it as an ‘on the go’ high protein snack food. Use it as an easy to carry pre or post gym protein hit. Or even as something quick to make in the evening when you just have to have a sweet chocolate hit. It only takes 30 minutes to make including the cooking time, and it keeps pretty too – if you don’t eat it all same day 🙂
- 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition’s 100% Whey (ideally chocolate flavor, or vanilla)
- 1 scoop of Supplement Direct’s Unflavored Whey Protein Hydrosolate
- 1/2 Cup of Quaker Oat’s Oatmeal Powder (if you like you can use a blender when preparing this item)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup of Egg Beater or 4-8 Egg Whites
- 1 Cap of Pure Vanilla Extract (can leave this out if using Vanilla flavored protein powder)
- Large Spoonful of Skippy’s Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sun Maid’s Natural California Raisins
- 1/2 Cup of Honey, or ‘to taste’ (this is not a must but it does make it taste better)
- Dark Chocolate Chips (these are also just a suggestion but worth it)
You will be amazed at how healthy this little snack is because it has such a sensational taste. It has a low amount of fats, carbohydrates and a really nice portion of protein. Personally, I don’t calculate it into servings I just eat it whenever I get a craving for it.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 (if you are using honey as an ingredient 325 will be better).
- Mix all dry ingredients (the first three ingredients).
- Now add all wet ingredients (ingredients 4 through 7), and mix it up with your dry ingredients (if using honey also include it now as well).
- When you have mixed everything together include raisins and chocolate (if you decided to use it)
- Spray/oil the pan that you plan to use and pour the mixture into it.
- Let it cook for approximately 20 minutes ( you will know it is done because the edges will start to pull away from the sides)
- Take it from out of the oven, let it cool off and then enjoy!